Matthew R. Harrison
A native of Salt Lake City. Utah, Matt is a 1991 graduate from the University of Idaho College of Law and has lived in Idaho for the last 27 years.
Over the course of his career, Matt has focused on civil litigation from both the plaintiff and defense standpoints, with a special emphasis on insurance coverage disputes and claims.
Matt’s practice has included general negligence matters, automobile negligence, wrongful death, premises liability, and bad faith claims.
Matt has also served the Idaho State Board of Medicine as panel chairman for medical negligence pre-litigation screening matters.
Matt has experience in representing injured individuals and families in a wide variety of injury claims.
He has successfully litigated cases involving head injuries, severe neck injuries, severe back injuries, brain and neurological injuries, and other bodily injuries arising from automobile accidents, trucking accidents, motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents, and slip and fall matters.
- Idaho State Bar
- Utah State Bar (Inactive)
- United States District Court of Idaho
- United States District Court of Utah (Inactive)
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Law School, University of Idaho, J.D., 1991
- Undergraduate. University of Utah. B.S — Behavioral Science & Health, 1988
- PUBLIC SERVICE
- Matt has held various service and leadership roles in both civic and community service organizations throughout the Treasure Valley including Law Day with the Idaho State Bar, Rake Up Boise, Paint the Town, Rake Up Meridian, The Boy Scouts of America, the YMCA, Brown Mackie College Program Advisory Committee and Meridian Youth Baseball.
- Matt and his wife JoAnn have two children, and when time permits, are active with fly fishing, backpacking, biking, and skiing.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Idaho State Bar Association (1991-present)
- Utah Trial Lawyers Association (2010-11)
- American Inns of Court No. 130 (2007-16)
- American Bar Association (2004-06)
- Tort and Insurance Section of the American Bar Association (1992-2005)
- Boise Noon Optimists Club (2006-12)
- Idaho Trial Lawyers Association (2003-07)
- Litigation Section Utah State Bar (2007-18)
- Workers’ Compensation Section- Idaho State Bar (2001-02)
- Labor and Employment Section- Idaho State Bar (1999-2000)
the maximum for your injury"
Wreck & Injury Guide"
FREE Workers’ Comp Injury Guide"