Nampa Truck Accident Lawyer
If you have been in a wreck with a tractor-trailer, your injuries may have made it impossible for you to work. You may have severe pain, suffering, and soaring medical bills.
Talk to a Nampa truck accident attorney to learn what you can do legally to recover both physically and financially. You can receive money to pay your medical bills. You can recover lost wages.
Our accident lawyers can also help you receive ongoing medical treatment and therapy.
We are available seven days a week to help fight to recover money for your pain and suffering.
>Most Truck Wrecks Come From Negligence
The size, weight, and speed of big rig trucks makes them especially dangerous in a collision. That is why trucks are regulated for safety in Idaho.
Some companies and drivers ignore or break these safety rules and crashes happen—many times with tragic injuries and destruction.
When a truck driver, the parent company, or manufacturer fails to follow regulations, they could be considered negligent and held responsible in court.
Negligence could occur due to:
- Driving too many hours: There are strict rules about a driver’s hours on the road and hours of rest. Many semi-truck drivers bend these rules in order to make delivery deadlines and make more money
- Intoxicated driving: The legal blood alcohol limit for commercial truck drivers is half the legal limit for other drivers
- Overloading: To save costs, some trucking companies overload their trailers. The extra weight makes it harder to control and stop the truck
- Speeding: High speeds increase stopping distance and make it harder to control the size and weight of a commercial truck
- Poor maintenance: Trucks are expensive to maintain and don’t make money when they are in the shop. Constant driving under heavy loads stress the rig and can lead to mechanical failures and crashes
We can investigate the circumstances surrounding your crash, gather evidence, and fight for compensation for your injuries.
Tractor-Trailer Collision Claims in Nampa
Truck accidents are often more complex than auto crashes. This is because there can be many different causes for an accident and various responsible parties.
- The truck driver
- The trucking company that employs the driver
- The owner of the truck, which may differ from the trucking company
- Third-party mechanics who worked on the truck
Big rig accidents may also involve federal commercial trucking regulations.
When you are represented by our attorneys, we send investigators to the scene and to examine the vehicles.
Careful measurements and analysis help us to know the cause and responsibility for the crash. We also work with police and other specialists to know the facts of your case.
Steps to Take Following an Accident
First of all, you should get medical treatment. Even if you were treated in the emergency room, we recommend a follow-up visit with a doctor. Some injuries are frequently missed in the emergency room.
We use medical history, scans, and other documentation to help prove the full extent of your injuries in seeking compensation.
Keeping Records Helps Builds Your Case to Fully Recover Your Losses
Anyone involved in a truck crash should do what they can to gather information about the accident.
- Take photos of your injuries
- Get a copy of the police report
- Keep receipts for expenses related to your injury
- Save all medical bills and collection notices
- Keep track of time lost from work
Under Idaho law, injury victims typically have two years following a truck accident in which to file a personal injury lawsuit.
You do not need to resolve your case completely within this timeframe, but you do need to start the process.
No matter how strong your case may be, if you don’t meet this deadline, you may not be able to recover any damages.
You should contact a Skaug Law truck accident lawyer soon after an accident to protect all of your rights.
A Nampa Truck Accident Attorney Can Help You Win Maximum Compensation for Your Injury and Losses
The attorneys with Skaug Law guide injury victims through every step of the legal process and seek out every available insurance source to pay for damages.
You pay nothing up front and only when we win your case. Let a dedicated Nampa truck accident lawyer help you seek justice for your injuries.
It doesn’t cost anything to see if we can help. Call or click the chat window today.