Randall L. Schmitz
Randy grew up in Nampa and is now proud to provide legal services to people throughout the Treasure Valley.
Prior to joining Skaug law, Randy practiced insurance defense, employment and labor law and construction law for some of the best firms in Idaho.
He has successfully represented clients in trial and on appeal to the Idaho Supreme Court and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Through his background as an insurance defense attorney, Randy represented insurance companies and worked closely with adjusters.
He understands how insurance companies evaluate and process claims and uses that insight to benefit his clients.
This experience provides Randy with a distinct advantage when assisting clients who have been injured on the job or by someone else’s negligence.
Randy concentrates his practice on personal injury, workers’ compensation and medical malpractice cases, including wrongful death claims.
He is admitted to practice in both Idaho and Oregon state and federal courts and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Willamette College of Law, J.D. (1997)
- Editor, Willamette Business Law Journal
- Willamette University Atkinson Graduate School of Management, MBA (1997)
- Willamette University, B.S. in Business Economics (1993)
- Inland Pacific Chapter, Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) (2010-2017)
- Boise Adjuster’s Association (BAA) (2015-present)
- Board Member (2017)
- Construction Defect, Construction Insurance Coverage, and Employment & Labor Law Committees; Defense Research Institute (DRI) (2014-2018)
- Litigation Section, Idaho State Bar (ISB)
- ISB Litigation Section Governing Council Member (2016-2019)
- Vice Chair (2018)
the maximum for your injury"
Wreck & Injury Guide"
FREE Workers’ Comp Injury Guide"